- Future Building Operators
OT-technicians? IT-people? Developers? The Users? Or will the building
itself running, AI? Nicolas provides his perspective and
comments/summaries of past articles and blogs
- “The Call of the Wild” Answering a Request for Proposal in Innovation
- 11 episodes of the Beyond Buildings Podcast. What have we learned, and what thoughts and questions have arisen from the first two episodes?
- "The Smart Building Effect"
Forget about Smart from Start, antifragility, and classic business
models that don't offer anything new. The future will be about
buildings that stay relevant and get exponentially smarter over time.
- Solving the skill shortage gap, forever. We are not only looking at a skill shortage gap, but also the skill transfer/knowledge transfer gap.
- Benefits Realization with Digital Twins “Innovation doesn’t start with
the future. It
starts with the now and continues
into the future”
- Beyond Buildings and "Rurality" – Is Rural the new Reality?
- The Times
They Are a Changin'
"Come gather 'round, people, wherever you roam, and admit that the
waters, around you have grown. And accept it that soon you'll be
drenched to the bone. If your time to you is worth savin' and you
better start swimmin', or you'll sink like a stone. For the times they
are a-changin' "Bob Dylan, 1964
- The New
Normal Achieving a True North Star(s) Strategy
- 3D-Printing and No-Code-Platforms and Digital Twins, oh my! “There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently, that which should not be done at all.” – Peter Drucker
- The Road to Future Ready Facilities and Digital Twin Thinking
The podcast with James was a great discussion between him and me about
our past, what we think about the future, and the whole idea of
decoupling hardware and software.
- The Rising Remote Workforce The exponential demand for Future-Ready Facilities.
Strategy, what to think about?
- Are Existing Companies Built to Die?
This article is about the importance of understanding how and if
businesses can capitalize on all the shiny new tech that exists in the
market. And how the embryo of a re-born connected strategy might look
like. If you are worried that new technology isn’t delivering as
expected, and wondering why that is so? Then this might be something
- Born Connected – The Next Generation of OEM’s
- Digital-first Real Estate and a Wireless First Strategy
- From iPhone to iBuilding - Smartphone Journey = Smart Buildings Journey?
- Blockchain, Crypto & Smarter Buildings - any
- Aiming For Faster Time to Value Creation
- A Recipe
to Create Smarter Buildings? Did I just come up with the
recipe to create Smart Buildings?
- “The BB-cycle” Building Buzz Breakdown
- Acquiring 2020 vision through a Digital Twin
In order to reach a 2020 vision, you need an ecosystems approach and a
focus on the benefits that you want from it.
- RIP BACnet – Is the future of BACnet bigger than its past?
- How can WE create smarter buildings?
The companies that do get it are the system integrators of the world
that are at the cutting edge.
- Your Building with Artificial Intelligence on the Edge A bit scary? This is terrifying! But
anything and everything is terrifying if you put it in the wrong hands.
- Reflections on Cybersecurity Summit @AHRExpo
Closed and proprietary systems don’t mean secure. Open systems approach
doesn’t mean insecure. - Anto Budiardjo and Nicolas Waern
- Introduction to IoT
IoT and getting more things connected, is a vital step in the journey
towards smarter buildings. An IoT strategy will allow professionals to
add additional ways of measuring the status of buildings, dig out data
that is hard to get out today, and also create data where there is
none. Improving data flow from assets will be vital in the development
of smarter buildings.
- Cheating “Death by 1000 cuts” Part 2 of 2 Enabling
an open innovation platform for the Real Estate sector
- Facility IT Interview with Nicolas Waern This
interview is one is a series of interviews by Anto Budiardjo on the
subject of Facility IT.
- Cheating “Death by 1000 cuts”
The technological approach to a more sustainable future will most
likely lie in harmonizing BACnet and IoT underneath a BACnet umbrella,
utilizing Haystack and the likes to get things to talk together in a
better way and to make it easier to apply analytics as well. Part 1 of 2
- One Protocol to Rule them all?
Taking buildings to the cloud, connected buildings, advanced analytics,
machine learning, Internet of things… How do we get value out of
buildings in the best way possible that is also future proof? Is there
such a way?
- Open Hardware, Open Software, and Building Bots "Making Buildings Aware of What They Need To Be Aware Of"
- Making Buildings talk to People Where to start?
Waern, also known as "The Building Whisperer" is a firm believer in
that we can make this world into a better place for everyone with the
power of more modern buildings. He has extensive knowledge of the ins
and outs of building automation and his thought leadership is widely
recognized throughout his global network. Nicolas believes that all
buildings in the world will go through the same journey that the phone-
smartphone has gone through the last couple of decades. And that the
best way to get to a more inclusive future is through an open,
[Click Banner To