Babel Buster Network Gateways: Big Features. Small Price.
BuilConn Organizers Announce Finalists for the 2007 Buildy Awards
DALLAS, TEXAS—April 30, 2007--The Buildy nominations are in. Nominated by their peers, the finalists in each of the five categories for the 2007 Buildy Awards have been chosen. Designed to increase awareness of the benefits of whole building integration and honor successful implementation strategies, the Buildy Awards Program celebrates the organizations and individuals who best support the vision of networked buildings.
The winners of the 2007 Buildy Awards will be selected by the BuilConn attendees during the Expo on Wednesday, May 23, and announced at the Industry Gala, Thursday, May 24, in Chicago, IL. Ballots can be cast during the Expo on Wednesday, May 23.
Within the five award categories—Initiative, Vision, Best New Product, Best Integration Project and Best Intelligent Building—the finalists are an innovative mix representing all facets of the integration process.
The Initiative award honors a company or organization that has shown or launched a key initiative to enable or otherwise forward the subject of integrated and intelligent buildings. The finalists for Initiative are:
• Engenuity for the Launch of Wireless Product Distribution channel and a New Tech Support Website
• ZigBee Alliance for the ZigBee Wireless Technology
• BIQ for the Intelligent Building Ranking Tool
• onShore for I-rize, selling Ethernet to the residential market
• ‘The Industry’ for Buildings 2.0
The Vision award will be presented to the industry professional that best demonstrates a vision of whole building integration and interoperability through advocacy, promotion, educational and training endeavors. The finalists in this category are:
• Tracy Markie, President of Engenuity Systems
• David Mosby, Director of the Division of Facilities Management and Design and Construction (DFMDC) for the State of Missouri
• Keith E. Gipson, CTO & Co-Founder of Impact Facility Solutions - myFacility".
• Bob Heile, Chairman of the ZigBee Alliance
• Cisco for its Connected Real Estate Program
Honoring a manufacturer whose new product or service overcame a significant challenge, enhanced, or simplified the integration process, the finalists for Best Product are:
• Wireless Product Category
• Primer Pack/IP by Arch Rock Corporation
• AVIDirector by AVID Wireless, distributed by Engenuity
• Systems A3 Technology by Spinwave
• ZigBee Technology Platform by Ember
• Infrastructure Product Category
• GR4 Router by Adept Systems, distributed by Engenuity
• Automated Enterprise Management (AEM) by Gridlogix
• IntelliBox®-I/O 2100 by Lantronix
• Vykon Security by Tridium
Awarded to a systems integrator, the recipient of the Best Integration Project award demonstrates the ability to efficiently integrate a wide array of building systems together and successfully enable operation over a corporate IT infrastructure. Nominees in this category are:
• Gridlogix for the State of Missouri, statewide integration of government buildings
• Richards-Zeta for the Simon Malls Sub Metering Project
• HVAC Concepts, an authorized Tridium dealer for the integration of 550 Wawa Food Stores
• Constellation Energy for the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC) in Maryland
The Best Building award is presented to the building owner or consultant with the most progressive building technology supporting the vision of whole building integration. The finalists for Best Building are:
• Richards-Zeta for Hotel 1000 at Madison Tower in Seattle, WA
• Tridium for the Four Points by Sheraton, Sydney Australia
• Gemini Integration Services, Inc. an authorized Tridium developer for Texas Woman’s University (TWU) Institute of Health Sciences building in Houston, TX
• Pacific Control Systems LLC for the Pacific Control Systems headquarter building in Techno Park, Dubai, UAE
BuilConn is a three-day forum uniting the players of the building industry’s disparate disciplines including integrators, manufacturers, distributors, consultants and technologists, as well as end users and building owners to learn and discuss the trends, technologies and their applications for tomorrow’s intelligent buildings.
BuilConn is comprised of multiple industry-related events where building professionals of varying experience levels can explore the immense benefits of whole building integration in light of IT convergence. BuilConn itself is a conference and expo with multiple topics and tracks so attendees can customize their days with subjects that are relevant to them and their business.
The fifth annual event will be held in Chicago, IL, May 22-24, 2007, at the Donald E Stephens Convention Center. For further information, please visit www.builconn.com.
[Click Banner To Learn More]
[Home Page] [The Automator] [About] [Subscribe ] [Contact Us]