Babel Buster Network Gateways: Big Features. Small Price.
FIATECH CETI Award Nominations Now Being Accepted
Did you, or your company, accomplish a significant technological research or deployment achievement in 2007 that you want the world to know about? Submit it to FIATECH by December 14, for our annual CETI Awards, and we will celebrate it with you!
FIATECH established the CETI Awards in 2006 to Celebrate Engineering and Technology Innovations to showcase such accomplishments. The award recognizes and honors achievements in the following 12 categories:
New & Emerging Technology Implementations
1. Scenario-based Project Planning (e.g. decision support, project definition and approach)
2. Automated Design (e.g. design automation, modeling & simulation)
3. Integrated, Automated Procurement & Supply Network (e.g. material tracking, supply chain management)
4. Intelligent & Automated Construction Job Site (e.g. mobile IT,RFID, location tracking and GPS)
5. Intelligent Self-Maintaining & Repairing Operational Facility (e.g. wireless sensors, real time experienced-based maintenance planning systems)
6. Real-time Project & Facility Management, Coordination & Control (e.g. collaboration tools, estimating, scheduling, cost management)
7. New Materials, Methods, Products & Equipment (e.g. energy efficient materials, composites)
8. Technology- & Knowledge-enabled Workforce (e.g. educational tools, programs, training)
9. Life Cycle Data Management & Information Integration (e.g. ISO 15925, BIM)
New & Emerging Technology Research & Development
10. Outstanding Student Researcher (undergrad and graduate students as well as doctoral candidates who received their degree less than one year from submitting application)
11. Outstanding Early Career Researcher (researcher who has only 1-10 years in their career)
12. Outstanding Researcher (researcher with more than 10 years in career)
All entries will be reviewed, and winner selections made, by the following six distinguished jurors: Sylvia Rappenecker (Chair), CAE Discipline Technology Leader, Engineering Solutions Tech Center, The Dow Chemical Company; James H. Garrett, Jr., Ph.D., Professor and Head, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University; Bart Neighbors, P.E., PMP, Project Development Group, ConocoPhillips; Tom Sawyer, Information Technology Editor, Engineering News-Record; Todd Sutton, Business Unit Manager, Zachry Construction and Matt Wheelis, Senior Product Manager, Autodesk
Winners will be announced on April 1, 2008 at the FIATECH Awards Gala at the Hotel Monteleone in New Orleans during FIATECH's Annual Technology Conference and Showcase: Where the Best Get Better.
The CETI nomination form can be accessed at www.fiatech.org/events/awards/08/2007ceti_entryform.doc. Be sure to complete and submit it by December 14.
FIATECH (www.fiatech.org) is an industry consortium that provides global leadership in identifying and accelerating the development, demonstration and deployment of fully integrated and automated technologies to deliver the highest business value throughout the life cycle of all types of capital projects.
[Click Banner To Learn More]
[Home Page] [The Automator] [About] [Subscribe ] [Contact Us]