Innovations in Comfort, Efficiency, and Safety Solutions.
EMerge Alliance Introduces New Registered Products and Members at LIGHTFAIR 2011
SAN RAMON, CALIF. (May 11,
2011) – The EMerge Alliance – an open industry association leading the
rapid adoption of safe direct-current (DC) power distribution standards
for commercial buildings – today announced that 22 additional products
have been Registered as compliant with the EMerge Alliance initial
standard covering the Occupied Space in commercial buildings and 16 new
members have joined the organization.
Now more than 75 members strong, the Alliance has added ABB, Bosch Solar Energy, Delta Products, Hubbell and Juniper Networks at the Participating level; EverLast Lighting, Focal Point, Konarka and Samsung LED at the General level; JLC Tech, PulseStar Technologies and TDK-Lambda at the Supporting level; and the Center for Power Electronics Systems at Virginia Tech, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Underwriters Laboratories and the University of Toledo at the Liaison level.
According to EMerge Alliance Chairman Brian Patterson, more and more companies are realizing the benefits of efficient DC power distribution throughout commercial buildings, and they are signing up to help bring solutions to the market today. This includes applications related to 24VDC in room-level power distribution, as well as new standards and products for higher voltage applications, including 380VDC distribution throughout the building for data centers, building services and outdoor uses, such as electric vehicle charging stations.
“We’re aggressively working with our members to advance DC power standards and release compatible building products,” said Patterson. “By contributing to EMerge Alliance standards and building Registered products, our members are making net-zero energy buildings a reality.”
Since the Alliance announced its first Registered products last November at Greenbuild, the following additional products have achieved EMerge Alliance Registered product status. They have been independently evaluated and determined to be compliant with the EMerge Alliance Occupied Space Standard, which integrates interior power, infrastructures, controls and peripherals into a microgrid platform to facilitate the hybrid use of AC and DC power in commercial interiors:
• Crestron – C2N-CBD-P, C2N-CBD-E Cameo mounted keypads
• Crestron – CEN-RFGW-EX infiNET EX wireless gateway
• Crestron – CLC-1DIMFLV2EX24-W wireless dual-channel 0-10V dimmer
• Crestron – DIN-AP2 control processor
• Crestron – GLS-LOL, GLS-LCL 24VDC photocells
• Crestron – GLS-ODT, GLS-OIR ceiling mount occupancy sensors
• Crestron – INET-CBDEX - Cameo wireless keypads
• Crestron – MC3 control processor
• Focal Point – Aerion 2x2 and 2x4 fluorescent luminaires
• Focal Point – Equation 2x2 and 2x4 fluorescent luminaires
• Focal Point – Luna Narrow Basket 2x2 and 2x4 fluorescent luminaires
• Focal Point – Verve IV suspended direct/indirect fluorescents
• Nextek Power Systems – 12/24V DC Speed Control for fans
• Nextek Power Systems – 24VDC T5T8 Emergency 1-Lamp ballast
• Nextek Power Systems – Vari-Cyclone 3-Blade variable speed fan
• Nextek Power Systems – Vari-Fan 5-Blade variable speed fan
• Northwire – Net Zero Cable 12/2 CL2P plenum rated cable
• Northwire – Net Zero Cable 18/2 CL2P plenum rated cable
• OSRAM SYLVANIA – Exterior Light Engine modular LED light engine
• OSRAM SYLVANIA – HF2 Chain LED (white) high brightness LED module
• OSRAM SYLVANIA – HF2 Narrow Stick compact high intensity LED module
• OSRAM SYLVANIA – Optronic OT Dim electronic LED control interfaces
Each of these products now wears the EMerge Alliance Registered logo to indicate interoperability in this room-level power distribution system.
For a full list of Registered Products, visit www.emergealliance.org/Products/RegisteredProducts.aspx.
EMerge Alliance at Lightfair 2011
An EMerge Alliance system demo will be on display at the OSRAM SYLVANIA booth (#833). In addition, lighting specifiers and others who are interested in learning more about the Alliance and applications of members’ Registered products are invited to attend a special information session from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesday, May 18, at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown.
A number of EMerge Alliance members will be exhibiting at Lightfair International in Philadelphia, May 17-19, 2011, including:
• Acuity Brands– Booth # 1801
• California Lighting Technology Center – Booth # 3123
• Cooper Industries – Booth # 2135 and Booth # 1933
• Crestron Electronics – Booth # 3145
• EnOcean Alliance – Booth # 2345
• EverLast Lighting, a product of Full Spectrum Solutions – Booth # 317
• Hubbell – Booth # 535
• IDEAL Industries – Booth # 3449
• Leviton Manufacturing Company – Booth # 945
• Lucifer Lighting – Booth #102
• OSRAM SYLVANIA – Booth # 833
• Philips Electronics, N.V. – Booth # 1401 , Booth # 1419 , Booth # 1421 , Booth # 1601
• Samsung LED – Booth # 3719
• TE Connectivity – Booth # 551
• Traxon Technologies USA – Booth # 2718
• Underwriters Laboratories – Booth # 561
• Universal Lighting Technologies – Booth # 3501
• Watt Stopper/Legrand – Booth # 2535
About the EMerge Alliance
The EMerge Alliance is an open industry association leading the rapid adoption of safe DC power distribution in commercial buildings through the development of EMerge Alliance standards. These innovative standards integrate interior infrastructures, power, controls and devices in a common microgrid platform to facilitate the hybrid use of AC and DC power throughout buildings for unprecedented design and space flexibility, greater energy efficiency and improved sustainability. Additional work is currently underway on higher voltage DC standards for data centers. The nonprofit Alliance is accepting new members at various levels. For more information, please visit www.EMergeAlliance.org.
[Click Banner To Learn More]
[Home Page] [The Automator] [About] [Subscribe ] [Contact Us]