True Analytics™ - Energy Savings, Comfort, and Operational Efficiency
Open Standards-Driven Solutions Key to Future-Proof Smart Buildings
State of Building Energy Management
survey uncovers compelling results including lack of awareness of the
Internet of Things (IoT)
LOS ALTOS, Calif. - October 21, 2014 - Daintree Networks, Inc., and CoR Advisors® have released findings gleaned from their "State of Building Energy Management Survey" distributed to building owners, managers and other industry professionals. The survey was conceived to gain insight into the state of the industry in terms of both awareness and application of today's energy-management technologies for smart buildings.
Download a copy of the survey results: http://www.daintree.net/resources/2014-state-of-building-energy-management-and-internet-of-things-iot
Daintree Networks CEO Danny Yu explained, "The survey yielded some revelations of great value to the building energy control industry as a whole. Surprisingly, even with energy regulations in place, a large percentage of respondents have no energy-management capabilities. This provides a clear market opportunity-one that can be pursued intelligently by understanding the survey's findings on barriers to adoption, such as fast payback models. In addition, the survey validated Daintree's belief that open standards-driven solutions such as ours enable facilities to future-proof smart buildings. Surprisingly, many companies haven't quite grasped the Enterprise Internet of Things concept and how it's well integrated with building operations. Having gained a clearer sense of current industry views, we look forward to providing the building control and energy management solutions that meet the emerging needs of building owners and managers, communities, and our environment."
Key Survey Results
• About 70 percent of respondents believe that solutions driven by true open standards (vs. proprietary systems) can help future-proof their facilities.
• About 59 percent believe building energy control/management is a critical component of the Enterprise Internet of Things (E-IoT).
• 43 percent believe the E-IoT will have an effect on how they run their buildings in the next two to three years.
• 60 percent have no energy monitoring and reporting capabilities.
• 41 percent were not familiar with the term "Internet of Things" (IoT).
• 30 percent cited more compelling ROI models/shorter payback as the primary driver for their organization to increase investments in energy efficiency solutions
• About 63 percent require two to five years' payback for energy control solutions.
• 24.1 percent noted "lack of budget" as the reason they are not using technology to manage buildings' energy usage today
• 86.4 percent see their 2014 budget for energy efficiency technologies and upgrades equaling or exceeding 2013 spending ─ creating significant marketing opportunity
Daintree ControlScope™ is an open standards-driven building controls, energy management and monitoring solution for lighting, temperature and other energy controls. The solution delivers up to 70 percent energy savings, operational efficiencies and occupant-friendly work environments while providing actionable decision-support information through Big Data analytics. Using the Daintree Enterprise Internet of Things™, or E-IoT™, approach, the solution can also support monitoring of other environmental conditions such as air quality, humidity, food safety and more that comprise the networked ecosystem of an organization. Daintree Networks is a channel-friendly company with leading strategic and technology partners helping serve its customers globally, with major locations in Silicon Valley, Calif., and Melbourne, Australia. Further information is available at http://www.daintree.net.
[Click Banner To Learn More]
[Home Page] [The Automator] [About] [Subscribe ] [Contact Us]