True Analytics™ - Energy Savings, Comfort, and Operational Efficiency
New nLight® AIR Wireless Controls from Acuity Brands Reduce
Complexity and Cost of LED Retrofit for Building Owners and Contractors
Acuity Brands, Inc. (NYSE: AYI) today announced the nLight® AIR platform, a wireless extension of its widely deployed nLight® digital lighting control platform. As a fully wireless lighting control system with a five-tier security architecture, nLight AIR is ideal for building owners and contractors looking to seamlessly upgrade facilities to LED lighting control solutions that are designed to support compliance with state energy code requirements. nLight Air is especially suited for spaces where wiring is cost prohibitive, or for retrofits where running new wires can be difficult or complex.
The nLight AIR control system consists of nLight AIR enabled LED luminaires (equipped with eldoLED® LED drivers), wireless battery powered wall switches and a mobile configuration app, CLAIRITY™, for quick and easy startup. nLight AIR systems are deployed using the building’s existing wiring, which reduces installation costs and accelerates payback.
“Commercial lighting integration suffers all too often from a fragmented approach with disparate systems, software and networks that make installation and maintenance cumbersome and costly,” said Audwin Cash, Vice President, Acuity Controls. “nLight AIR is designed to be contractor-friendly, with a consistent, simplified installation and start-up procedure, a single interface into the network and an intuitive mobile app which can be used to configure the system. Combining the nLight AIR control system together with Acuity’s long-life LED luminaires offers facility managers, building owners and electrical contractors with a solution that can provide energy savings for years to come.”
This new wireless lighting control solution represents significant advancements in lighting system technology:
· nLight AIR enabled luminaires ship with a smart environment multi-function sensor that detects and shares motion, daylight and temperature data via integrated radios. The multi-function sensor is factory integrated and tested so that a wirelessly networked lighting control platform is deployed automatically with each installed luminaire.
· Each nLight AIR control device features a dual wireless radio solution with 900MHz and Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) communication technologies. The 900 MHz band is the ideal frequency for indoor and outdoor intra-zone communications, controller-to-zone communications on integrated networks, and special uses such as firmware upgrades. BLE wireless technology is best suited for commissioning, diagnostics and remote wall switch management as well as smart-building applications like wayfinding and asset tracking.
· nLight AIR enabled luminaires can be easily programmed with the CLAIRITY app, which features a touch-based user interface that provides users with real-time feedback and acknowledgements during the start-up process. The app enables complete configuration of nLight AIR devices, with the ability to use default or customized occupancy and daylight sensor settings, wall switch configuration and sequence of operations. CLAIRITY app users are registered and verified before use for added security and continuity. All critical settings are uploaded to the cloud for future reference or for recovery. CLAIRITY is available on Apple® iOS7+ and Google® Android™ KitKat+ software and associated devices.
· The nLight AIR control system also features rPODB wall switches, which can be remotely managed via the CLAIRITY app. Batteries used in the rPODB switches are designed to last for 10 years under normal usage and conditions. The batteries come included and installed in the wall switches.
· The nLight platform’s architecture enables easy future upgrades to smart building applications with minimal investment. New features and applications such as indoor positioning and non-lighting IoT sensors, BACNet integration and SensorView™ real-time configuration and performance monitoring can be added easily and cost effectively.
Multiple Acuity Brands® luminaires and relight kits come nLight AIR enabled, including the BLT, VTL, and WL LED luminaires from Lithonia Lighting® and Peerless® Bruno LED luminaires for commercial projects. The new wireless controls platform is an A+ Certified™ component from Acuity Brands, which is interoperable with Acuity A+ Capable™ luminaires. Choosing A+ Certified solutions means contractors can quickly and confidently select and implement lighting systems that are both compatible and chromatically consistent.
For more information about nLight AIR
and the nLight family of lighting controls from Acuity Brands, please
[Click Banner To Learn More]
[Home Page] [The Automator] [About] [Subscribe ] [Contact Us]