Award winning manufacturer of IT-based building automation.
Smart home webcast reveals new opportunities in Europe for security, energy, and controls
Parks Associates and Securitas Direct - Verisure co-host online industry event
New research from Parks Associates finds 10-15% of U.K. broadband households would adopt a home control service with a £49.99/month service fee. The international research firm will co-host the webcast "Outlook for the Smart Home in Europe" with Securitas Direct - Verisure on Tuesday, June 11, 2013, at 11 a.m. Central European Time (9:00 GMT; 4 a.m. U.S. CT).
This webcast, with market insight from Parks Associates and industry perspectives from Deutsche Telekom (Qivicon), Samsung, and Securitas Direct - Verisure, focuses on the market for connected products and related services in Europe, including emerging opportunities for hardware manufacturers, software developers, and service providers.
• Key conditions for growth of smart home markets
• Current adoption and usage of connected devices, including smartphones and tablets
• Consumer interest in home safety, security, energy, and controls solutions
• Opportunities for key market players
• Tom Kerber, Director, Research, Home Controls and Energy, Parks Associates
• Jean C. Kiessling, Head of Business Development and Portfolio Management, Deutsche Telekom (Qivicon)
• Vassilis Seferidis, Director, European Business Development, Samsung
• Dick Seger, CEO, Securitas Direct - Verisure
"The technology to connect individual devices to the Internet is being
applied to numerous products and services, transforming them and adding
new value propositions and business models to mature markets," Kerber
said. "In addition, traditionally separate industry verticals, which
meet in the home, are being forced together. Security, energy, home
controls, communication, and entertainment services are all converging,
offering services that overlap, and creating new competition and
Parks Associates data:
• 23% of broadband households in the U.K. have an
electronic home security system. Less than 20% have one in France and
Belgium, and only 6% of German households have a system.
• By 2020, the U.K. and Spain will have over 20 million smart meters. France and Germany will exceed 30 million.
• 30-40% of broadband households in the U.K., France, Germany, and Belgium rank smoke/fire detectors as the most important connected home control capability.
• One-third of German broadband households prefer a home security company to provide connected home monitoring equipment and services. Utilities are the second-most preferred provider but do not score more than 20% of households among any European country.
Webcast registration is at http://www.parksassociates.com/verisure-webcast. For information, visit www.parksassociates.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Parks Associates
Parks Associates is an internationally recognized market research and consulting company specializing in emerging consumer technology products and services. Founded in 1986, Parks Associates creates research capital for companies ranging from Fortune 500 to small start-ups through market reports, primary studies, consumer research, custom research, workshops, executive conferences, and annual service subscriptions.
The company's expertise includes new media, digital entertainment and gaming, home networks, Internet and television services, digital health, mobile applications and services, consumer electronics, energy management, and home control systems and security.
year, Parks Associates hosts industry webcasts, the CONNECTIONS™
Conference Series, and Smart Energy Summit: Engaging the Consumer.
[Click Banner To Learn More]
[Home Page] [The Automator] [About] [Subscribe ] [Contact Us]