- Will COVID take BAS where no one has gone before?
I grew up watching sci-fi shows and have always been fascinated with
technological advances, but the pandemic may take technology in a
direction that our society is not willing to go just yet.
- Zoom-etiquette Online meetings have taken over many of our lives to keep us safe from COVID, but are they driving us crazy?
- A Year of Innovation I
have been impressed by many of the forward-thinking companies who are
changing the way that we work, live and play. I like the Remix.
through a Pandemic
Making yourself the answer to someone’s problem during a pandemic is a
great way to become a trusted advisor.
- Digital is the New Normal A blended workplace is now the new normal for many companies.
- Culture Makes the Difference
I’ve learned from mentors that a good company culture consisting of a
foundation based on a sense of belonging, safety, purpose, knowledge
and motivation, is the building blocks for longevity in business.
- Dealing with
How to deal with the negativity of the customers you will never
- 24/7 Selling
Avoid technology burnout while selling
- Consumer Trends Matter
We are now in an advanced age of customer preference, and our messages
have to be more intelligent and respectfully timed.
- Customer 4.0 Customers are now calling the shots.
Marketing = Possible Danger Customers have more control
messages that they receive than ever before. I prefer the rule of
more is not always better. Targeted and creative works every
- The Rise of Convenience
Consumers want to be now able to shop from wherever they are, and
whenever they want, to get what they need.
- Mobile is the way to Go!
The moral of this article is that no matter the business, big or small,
it needs to be where its customer base is looking for it to continue to
- Use Customer Engagement to Sell
The art of Vlogging by customers promotes your products for you.
- Study Part 4- Explaining SEO
In this article, we are going to focus on Search Engine Optimization
(SEO), or how to rank high in Search Engines.
Study Part 3- Why Good Images Matter - We know for a fact that good
images that are properly labeled win more clicks in searches.
- Case Study Part 2- Lead Generation
Is your website costing you customers?
- Case Study Part 1- Lead Generation
Customer Reviews are worth Money
- What is Remarketing? - “Tell ‘em what
you told ‘em, and then tell ‘em again.”
- My calls have stopped…Now what?
- Selling in the Information Overload Age
We have the ability to shop online for anything that we want whenever
- White Hat SEO for 2018
Here are some “White Hat” (Good Guy) techniques for optimizing your
website to perform better for you without shelling out cash.
- Business Optimization for AHR
It’s not enough to get your tradeshow booth ready if your website
- Digital Marketing Trends for 2018
Content marketing trends for 2018 will be targeting younger consumers
as they are now the influencers in buying decisions.
- Blogging for Business Leverage content marketing to increase your sales.
- Get your Digital Six Pack
Strengthen your digital marketing core to save money, and improve
- Are you a Digital Nomad?
They truly want to break out of the corporate world and embrace a truly
balanced lifestyle by leveraging technology to achieve their life
- Living Like
the Jetsons The idea that the home is
no longer just a house,
but now an information hub is completely awesome, and very much in tune
with the millennial culture.
- A Manager’s Guide to Millennials
The need to listen to them- Millennials want to feel that they are
constantly contributing, so as managers, we need to adopt a “no idea is
a bad idea” attitude. Effective communication is always an
essential management skill, but it is critical in managing millennials
in a time of change, negotiation, and conflict.
- Facebook 102: Let’s Talk About Likes.
- 2017’s ever-changing Workplace 2017 belongs to the contractors and freelancers. It is their virtual world now.
- Get More From the AHR Expo
As a technologically advanced Society we need to leverage the tools
that are put in front of us, and what social media does is provides
trade show vendors with the opportunity to maximize every moment that
they are at the show to gain customers, and increase brand awareness.
- Hot Skills for 2017
Companies are looking for people who can grow their customer base
through better project management and data analysis.
- Use Facebook Live to Build Your Brand
As a small business, the Facebook Live feature can provide viewers with
a humanized experience of the business.
- Build your Brand with Instagram Leverage “Visual” Social Media to gain followers and increase sales
- Business Mentorship Matters for Start-ups Start-ups help us sharpen our business skills by reminding us where we came from and why we do what we do.
Solving Skills = You’re hired
The number one skill that you should be able to demonstrate to an
employer is problem solving.
- Start-up Business Marketing Kit
Low budget, but high return strategies that require a little elbow
grease but controllable capital work excellent for start-ups.
- When Online Marketing Fails What happens when your online marketing stops delivering for you?
- The Demise of 9 to 5
Say hello to the “non-traditional work day” and an increase in
- Is Code the New Math?
The initiative for writing this article was to ask the question “Where
are the next generation of Building Automation Engineers coming from”?
- App Overload Regardless of what I need to do, there is an App for that.
- Google Demands your Responsiveness
Is your own website driving customers to your competitor by being
- Let Your Customers' Voices Drive Your Business
“Just how powerful is the influence of the internet on purchasing
decisions, and the answer is –Huge”.
- Upgrade to Win 10 or Wait?
That is the question. Investing too early in an Operating System
upgrade might cost more than you think?
- Setting up for Online Success Are you the master of your own personal brand?
- Is Email Obsolete? Is Slack really going to replace email?
- The Updated Disadvantages of Social Media – 2015 Edition
- Sales Growth in 5 Easy Steps Take your sales back into the black by assessing your current sales structure.
- Maximize Training Dollars in 2015
I personally feel that any investment in training pays off tenfold in
employee loyalty and retention, but if that investment also propels the
company forward by being prepared to accept new growth, then that is a
- Training for
IoT Security Seize the New Career Opportunities that IoT
- Top Five Trends to Watch in 2015 Not the typical Top 5, but five trends that will influence BAS in 2015
- Top 5 Collaboration Tools
With an internet full of collaboration tools, which ones are right for
- Online Engagement Builds New Customers in BAS
The new customer is tech savvy, informed, and less reliant on
traditional sales techniques-they want to be engaged online.
- Diagnose Your Sales Dilemma Diagnosing the root cause of slow sales is always the right prescription
- Will Mobile Devices Move Building Automation Systems into the Cloud? It
is a completely natural thing for end-users to want to have the same
device functionality that they have in their personal life in their
HVAC Brand Awareness through Twitter A quick exercise in how to use Twitter to build brand awareness
- To the Cloud!
Shifting your IT infrastructure to the cloud is a formula for business
- Leverage Google Apps for Business Collaboration
One online platform for easy data collaboration across all your devices.
- Sales 101 - The Art of Client Calls
In a world of texts and tweets, a phone call is still the best way to
connect with clients.
- Why you don’t need Google + Google + will probably
follow the path of Google Buzz and gain a lot of early adopters who
register for the service, but never really end up using it because it
was not accepted by the mass public.
- Maximize your AHR Leads Maximize the potential of your leads with a personalized touch
- Maximize your AHR Expo Experience
Use Social Media to build brand awareness and boost traffic at your
- Marketing to Mobile in 2014
Overlooking the importance of having a website that is not mobile and
tablet compatible is a huge error.
- Build your Brand with Twitter - Part 1 Use
Twitter to build your personal brand in Building Automation
- Marketing in the world of Smart Buildings
The critical part in marketing these products is making the terminology
clear enough for customers and purchasing agents to understand.
- Why you need Office 365
I look at it as Office 365 being Microsoft Office 2013, but built with
the flexibility and mobility of today’s modern business in mind.
Websites to Boost Your Brand As technology advances marketers
have to be continually exploring new options and alternatives for
promoting corporate brands and increasing sales.
- Supercharge Profitability Through Business Development Every
company needs marketing to grow awareness and enable proper business
- Stop Sabotaging your Social Media 5 Bad Habits to watch when conducting Social Media Campaigns
- The Original Sales Networking Tool The Business Mixer
- Using SharePoint to Maintain Business Connectivity
Having offices in different geographical locations presents any number
of daily management challenges.
Bring Your Own Device will Change the Marketplace
- Getting More Out of Your Advertising Dollar Who are your clients, and how do they get your message?
- Top three trends for 2013 Trends to watch for 2013 that will drive your business
- Looking for leads in all the right places Some business development hints to grow a customer base
- Useful Apps for the Sales Rep on-the-go
- Top Five Tips for Taking Your Social Media “Back to School” Make this fall the time to truly grow your Social Media network.
- 10 Social Media Tips for Trade Shows
Social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter have a huge amount of
information on them that can be used to initiate sales opportunities.
- Why use RSS? Really Simple Syndication? Manny Mandrusiak / Ken Sinclair
- Heed the Call Nothing beats a good call to action.
- Leverage Social Media to engage your customers and increase sales.
- Twitter Marketing Tips for Business
Just because you build it, does not mean they will come.
- Is Google + right for my Business? Can this service be used to
market a product, service, or promote an event?
- Getting Started with Social Media for Business – Part 2 Understanding what Social Media tools can benefit Building Automation
Getting Started with Social Media for Business
– Part 1 Each of the Social Media platforms have their distinct
advantages and disadvantages but how does a business know which ones to
- Content is King in the Year of the Panda Unique Content and Viral Marketing will be factors in 2012 to increase Google Ranking
- 6 Marketing Trends to Watch in 2012
As technology continues to evolve in 2012 I have no doubt that there
will be some exciting new tools that will continue to change the way
that brands are built, and customers choose to receive information
- 5 Tips to Maximize Your 2012 Marketing Dollar Use
the 5 W’s to ensure a maximum return on advertising dollars.
- Maximizing Google Alerts to Improve Your Marketing The
trick now is not to forget the value of having good positioning
statements, but to use today’s technology to gather the data necessary
to help produce the right statements to the right audiences.
- The Disadvantages
to Social Media Marketing Social Media is a fantastic tool if used
properly, but it
takes time and dedication.
to produce a winning webcast / Product Demo Webcasts are generally an extremely cost
efficient way of interacting with perspective clients.
Social Media to work for Your Company Tips
and Tricks for LinkedIn and Facebook to reach more Potential
a lead by any other name still a lead? Understanding
the Contact Funnel to maximize Lead Generation Efforts
- LinkedIn Makes the
Top Ten Steps to Maximize LinkedIn for Business
Social Media to build your brand in Building Automation
Media is the new conduit to drive traffic to your company website
- Building Online Buzz in 2011 Marketing buzz or simply buzz is a
term used in word-of-mouth marketing. The interaction of consumers and
users of a product or service serve to amplify the original marketing
Marketing and Business Development
The Lost Art of the Sales Email
6 –Steps Guide to Success with OPC UA Six Defined Steps to maximize your investment in
UA Adoption Update
No one is certain where technology trends
in BAS will take us in 2011
but one thing is certain: OPC UA will be the protocol of choice in
from the field and making it useful information in the cloud.
- Rapid software
development leads to future facing success New OPC Foundation
OPC UA .NET Developers’ Course provides hand-on UA development
- The Power to
Control Home Lighting and Appliances comes to your handheld device
Web services are the future of empowering personal power savings.
- Energy – How
much do we have, how much do we need, and where do we find it?
How will PROFIenergy be used to balance the energy equation?
Building Automation lead the next energy revolution? It will be the vertical that will continue to
create the products and devices that can make these new sources of
energy easy and inexpensive to implement into existing building and
- OPC UA sets a
solid foundation for systems to reach for the clouds How does
OPC UA illuminate the path to scalability?
- Mobile is the
new HMI How an iPad saves money by making procedures lean
Can I buy a vowel please Pat?
- Pocket tech
and a Car wash help build the case for OPC UA For the
Building Automation industry the future is in the intelligent device,
and embedding the connectivity needed to securely expose that data to
the systems and devices that we need to consume and access it.
- Predictions for 2010 from an OPC Perspective One of the key benefits of using OPC technology
is its ability to robustly move large amounts of data rapidly and
securely to an interface that will turn it into the information needed
to make key business decisions.
- OPC UA Education hits the road Learn the latest advances in OPC technology at a
city near you.
- Innovations at
the SPS/IPC Drives Show Everyone
in all verticals is taking a look at life a little differently.
- OPC UA
Explained Quickstarts and Tools for Developers
and PROFINET technologies combine for efficient light control HVAC systems,
sprinkle systems, doorway controls, could all be linked together using
PROFINET, and then controlled via a protocol like OPC from any PC on
Technology finds its’ place on the map
on the journey to the Smart Grid
the OPC Mailbag
Supplying answers to some OPC email questions.
Friends wherever I go! Companies
that are successful in this day
and age (of this global economy) are successful because they partner
and collaborate with other companies that also are successful. No one
company, or consortium, can truly afford to stand alone.
- OPC EXPO comes
to Connectivity Week! Join us at the OPC EXPO in Santa Clara,
CA, June 8-11
The Application my iPhone should have complete smart home synchronized with my handheld
- How a video
store proves the need for real-time data access Knowledge
is power, and having the right knowledge at the right time most
definitely improves any company’s bottom line.
HMI to visualize real-time data across the enterprise By seeing the data in real-time
across the enterprise maintenance schedules can be predicted and the
asset lifetime can be extended. Ken Eldridge, Open Automation Software
- DCOM and Security Troubles Eliminated with OPC Rescue
OPC Rescue is for anyone experiencing difficulties with OPC and DCOM
configuration. A very easy-to-use tool that fixes OPC problems
automatically. - Randy Condor, President, OPC Training Institute
Automation “Social Media Master” I
recently wrote an
article, "Is Listening Online Worth Your Time?" (http://jimc.me/hmlDa5)
for Valve magazine
next generation grid, the
Smart Grid, will allow for the bidirectional flow of data, allowing for
real-time decision making to ensure that energy is produced and
provided in the most cost effective manner. - Tony Paine, President and Co-Owner of
the Process Fieldbus An
Introduction to PROFIBUS for Process Automation
- The OPC Advantage
in a Down Economy Member
companies of the OPC Foundation devote considerable time and resources
to developing robust interfaces to all the protocols used within the
Building Automation industry, and then in keeping with the core values
of OPC technology, make them off-the-shelf products.
- OPC in the UAE
OPC technology is becoming a
standard and is allowing for increased flexibility in integrating and
customizing solutions locally.
questions every building automation integrator should ask about OPC
technology The basic requirement of the OPC architecture is
to get data from Point A to Point B. Of course every user of the OPC
system will place a different priority on the requirements.
- OPC Foundation
North American Certification Test Lab Vendors
will only bring software that passes the tests in the CTT (Compliance Test Tool)) and the tests outlined in our supplemental documentation. Nathan Pocock
Manny Mandrusiak Manny@viwproject.com
Mandrusiak entered the field of sales and marketing after retiring from
the Canadian Infantry in 2005. He was employed as the Sales and
Marketing Manager for the Sherwood Park Chamber of Commerce, and then
on to hold the position of Acting Executive Director. Recruited
by MatrikonOPC to head up marketing for their OPC line of products,
Manny has been responsible for all aspects of marketing standards based
software to various industry verticals. Manny left MatrikonOPC to
take a position with the OPC Foundation as Vice President of OPC
Marketing and with PI North America as its Director of Technology
Marketing. After a two-year career organizing and executing technology
training events across North America for both organizations, Manny has
chosen to return to his roots of sales and marketing by creating his
own consulting company – 4 Bravo Marketing here in Victoria, BC. 4
Bravo Marketing’s success led to some larger business opportunities and
he closed the business in 2016 to pursue a management opportunity in
the technology educational field.
has been consulting and providing business development for technology
training companies in Victoria, BC since 2005, and his success for
creating sales pipelines, and building solid educational teams, led to
him becoming the Executive Director, and partner, in Q College and Q Academy.
Q College is a fully PTA accredited Technology College that produces
web developers, digital marketers, graphic designers, and open source
developers. Q Academy is a training company that provides
customized short term training solutions for corporate clients, second
career clients, and individuals looking to improve their skills for
career success. He is presently a Vocational Rehabilitation
Consultant, Vancouver Island Works Project, Lifeworks! Consulting Inc,
SISIP Rehab Services, and Accounts Manager, ideazone
[Click Banner To